Profile Image
Two American tourists are asking for help on Facebook. That's what happened

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) - American Michael Lichkot has long been sharing his latest adventures on Facebook, but he did not expect this site to save his life from a serious accident. On August 22, Lithcott published a distress call on Facebook saying, "Help, we are in danger, call the police." Lithcott and his companion Stacey Ino were on the Indonesian island of Bali only a few hours when the incident occurred. While the couple was riding a scooter in Ubud, a truck passed by and they climbed up the hill. "After the truck passed, I saw a turn coming, so I pressed the brakes naturally, but the brakes did not slow down the bike," said Lychkot. "This did not leave them enough time to think about the turn, which led to their fall in the valley. After the incident, Lythcott felt that half of his back had been broken. The same is true of Inoue, who thought she was severely injured because she could not move. Because no one knew where the duo was, Litcott thought at first glance that they would die in the valley. Lithcott had a SIM card with a local SIM card, but he did not find it. Later, the American found his phone in the pocket of his jacket, barely able to catch a signal. Therefore, Lithcott published a distress message on the Facebook site and remained waiting. Amy Sparks said she saw Michael's message a minute or two after it was released. She was surprised that she was under the influence of drugs or was kidnapped. Sparks was able to communicate with Lythcott in the end, and said that the latter knew only where he was in the forest, so Lichkot took his position with Sparks after asking him. Sparks was not the only one to help the couple. She explained that a group of Michael's friends on Facebook had shared phone numbers for help such as the consulate or Bali police. Sparks was in contact with a woman at the consulate claiming Christine, who sent her a photograph of Michael's site. Before the shipment of Lithcott's phone ran out, he received a call from a consular officer named Joe, inquiring about his location more and more assured that help was on its way. Lichkat thought he and his girlfriend would die before the aid arrived. Although he felt he might lose consciousness at any moment, he tried to reassure Inoue that she was sliding down the valley. In the end, rescuers pulled Lithcott and Eno out of the valley. They were taken to the hospital for treatment. Lichkot underwent a number of operations in his head, wrist and abdomen, as well as tubes in his chest to inflate the lungs. Although Eno broke the bones of her cheek, nose and left wrist, she was able to return to her home in the end. "I know that travel is scary and sometimes risky, but nothing will stand in our way," Eno said. "This tragic incident showed them that there were many people who could touch their heart along the way. Without technology and friends, we could not Live.